Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Reading Nook


So I have this morning routine (when I am not running out the door late for class, work, rotations etc.) that I do. It involves staying in my pajamas, coffee, reading my Bible, sometimes journaling, checking my e-mails (all 3 that I currently use), and reading my google reader to catch up on all the blogs I love. After doing this same routine for 2 years or so now, I came to the conclusion that I needed a reading nook. 

So once I got this in my head, I couldn't get it out of there. I started to look on pinterest for ideas and started day dreaming of my own little reading nook. Above is the idea board I had going when I was searching for items to complete my nook. 


Ta-Da!!! Here is my very own little reading nook in our living room. I am so happy with how everything turned out. I have seriously spent (on average) 3 hours a day laying in this spot since I have got it together. 
I got the chaise lounge from Joss and Main. Its this great website where you can order discounted home items. Most of the time the prices are very reasonable and almost all of the things I've seen for sale have been super cute. I devoted an entire post to shops like this in the previous blog entry. Check it out! 



Skot (my incredibly smart and handy husband) had the idea to use this crate we already had as a side table. It fits perfectly into the little corner and holds my books and magazines under it.  The 3 pieces on top of the crate were all antiquing finds back from a few weeks ago. Check out other treasures I found that day here!


Here's a close up of the crate. See how perfect it is for holding things!



This pillow was my splurge of the whole reading nook hunt. It was just shy of 1/4th the price of the whole chaise lounge. haha. but I LOVE it! Its really big, real down inside, great quality, and the slip is removable incase (heaven forbid) I ever get tired of the blue and white seersucker inspired cover that is on it now. Its from West Elm. If you've never heard of this store you need to just head on over and check it out. It is very pottery barn-ish but a little younger and less pricey. 


When I started obsessing over needing to have me a reading nook this is what I imagined… me waking up, cozying up in the space, doing my morning routine with a kitty cat at my feet. The day Skot put the chaise lounge together and I plopped myself down in it…. this is exactly what happened. :-) I know … crazy cat lady to the max but it made me very very happy! 

I hope this post has inspired you to get out there, find some good deals, and make that space in your home happen that you have been dreaming about. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...