Saturday, April 7, 2012

Healthier Pizza Bagels

One of the junk foods I miss the most now that Skot and I try not to eat really processed food is Pizza Bagels. MMMMMM mmmm I used to eat like 10 of them things in one sitting. So the other day I was craving them, but instead of driving to the store and indulging in processed goodness, I made my own healthier version. 


I started out with slicing some deli french bread that we had left over from the night before's supper.




then I topped the pieces with marinara sauce, cheese, and fresh mushrooms. 


Then I just baked them at 350 for about 8-10 min. 
Note to my Fiestaware friends: I baked these right on my Fiesta plate. I was super nervous but I googled it, and it said all Fiesta made since 1986 is microwave and oven safe. It proved to be true, I would still be scared to do it at higher temps or for longer amounts of time. 

They were so yummy. They satisfied my craving without the damage of 10 baby processed, frozen snacks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...