Friday, July 27, 2012

Summer Red Sangira


The other night I got in the mood for sangria… It was a peaceful, lazy, summer night and it just felt right. Hubs was frying squash fresh from the garden and i decided to whip up a batch of sangria for us. I searched around on Pinterest and mix and matched a few recipes that sounded good. I used what we had (because I was just too lazy to go to the store this particular night) and it turned out yummy! 

I even tried it 3 nights later and it still tasted fabulous! I'm planning on making it again very soon. 
Enjoy!

Jamie's Summer Sangria Recipe 

  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup ginger ale
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 1/4 cup triple sec
  • 1 (750ml) bottle of red wine chilled (i used cabernet)
  • 2 cups diced/sliced fruit (your choice… i used watermelon… soaked up everything very nicely)


Mix all ingredients together;chill for about 2 hours; enjoy over ice preferably in a mason jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...